Architectural cladding APS composite panel
APS Copper Composite Panel
Our trademark Copper Composite Panel embodies the nature, look, feel, performance and prestige of natural copper sheet, combined with the features and benefits of a composite panel core which is strong, lightweight & processing friendly.
Copper Composite Panel is commonly used for exterior wall cladding and facades, curtain walls, partition walls, ceilings, roofing systems and even architectural metalwork for screening, which we can also perforate if required.
The main benefit of using a Copper Composite Panel as opposed to solid copper sheet is it’s flatness, workability and it’s ability to be able to span long distances, covering large areas in a labour cost effective matter.
All of our Copper Composite Panel has undergone strict testing procedures to achieve a successful fire rating test completion.
Our Copper Composite Panel’s are created by laminating two (2) pure Copper sheet skins, with a polyethylene or FR mineral core. We use different topical treatments such as metal or oxidants to create the various Copper finishes we have.
Copper Composite Panel is currently available in 6 different finishes, including…
- Copper (Mill Finish) – More than 99% pure Copper
- Brass (Mill Finish) – Copper Alloy with a Zinc element included
- Copper Vibration – Another exclusive finish available which is designed to reduce reflectivity, flatness, gloss and more. A truly unique finish.
- Copper – Light Brown Brushed – This finish is milled and forged to create a unique brushed effect. Not only is this finish a one of a kind, stand out, it also assists in areas where gloss and reflectivity may be an issue, by reducing the amount of reflection from the panel quite significantly.
- Copper – Dark Brown Brushed – This finish is milled and forged to create a unique brushed effect. Not only is this finish a one of a kind, stand out, it also assists in areas where gloss and reflectivity may be an issue, by reducing the amount of reflection from the panel quite significantly.
- Green Patina Brushed – Generally to achieve a Green Patina finish, 10 years is a common number we use within the industry to achieve this look. We’ve managed to save you the time and wait, by offering a fully weathered Green Patina finish, readily available, due to our special pre-weathering technology.
Upon installation of our Copper Composite Panel, the look is a fresh, new, bright and shiny pure Copper finish.
Exposure to the natural elements will cause Copper to gradually change it’s overall look and feel. The changes the material undergoes are unpredictable and vary a lot according to destination, location, weather and many more factors.
Generally, Copper will begin in it’s new shiny state and slowly dull off, after years of oxidization, eventually changing to red, brown, a hint of green and eventually fully green, as you can see from our again chart below. The green patina is the metals final stage, which is actually a natural protection for preventing corrosion.
Please note, this is purely to be used as a guide, there are a wide range of factors that will effect this aging process subtly or dramatically.
Finishes we have?
Download test reports
Sheet sizes, stock, specification etc… (Rear of Bolliya Catalogue)
APS Composite Panel consists of a mineral filled core, covered both sides by two sheets of Aluminium, available in a wide range of colours and finishes. Aluminium, Titanium-Zinc, Stainless Steel, Copper, Textured, Bi-Colour and Embossed finishes are all a part of the APS Composite Panel range.
Composite Panel’s are available in many different size panels and can be cut, folded, rolled and formed into various profiles to suit your projects requirements. The Composite Panel’s flexibility allows for it be used in both Interior and Exterior applications. APS Composite Panel is a lightweight, effective alternative for covering large areas.
We offer a full cutting, grooving, rolling, and “Z” angle system service with all composite panel projects.
To complete the Composite system, tape, top hat battens, scourers and cleaning spray are all available directly through Architectural Panel Systems.
Composite Panel’s range of 69 colours and finishes includes 11 “Spectra” colours, 5 “Anodised” colours, 15 “Solid” colours, 15 “Metallic” colours, 6 “Steel” finishes and 6 “Pearl” options.
The Prestige range of finishes includes 8 different Copper options and 3 different Ti-Zinc finishes.
We also manufacture metal cladding and architectural facades in a range of materials and finishes. We are based in Geelong, and have completed projects in Melbourne, Ballarat, Barwon Heads, the Surf Coast and interstate in Cairns and Alice Springs.
Please contact us for more information about how Architectural Panel Systems can help transform your building or renovation projects.